Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thank You Baxter Black

Years ago when I had a day job I would listen to our local PBS station on my way to work.  Some mornings Baxter Black would come on and tell a poem and always made my drive to work more enjoyable.  A few years later we went to a Chuck Wagon Show in Colorado and I found a couple books by Baxter Black.  I laughed so hard reading it that I would have tears running down my face.  The kids would ask what I was reading but much of it wasn’t appropriate for their young ears.  We had friends going through hard times and I gave them the books.  I have kept my eye out for more of his books but only found one.  It’s a book of Cowboy Poetry – we really are not much for poetry but Darling Husband actually read it and enjoyed it.  When Teen Son was having more symptoms Darling Husband went to the book shelf and handed Teen Son the book to read.  So while we sat in the hospital waiting to find out what was happening to him every once in a while Teen Son would laugh out loud and read some Cowboy Poetry to me. 
We came home from spending the day at the hospital and I went onto Amazon and found and ordered 2 more of Baxter Black’s books.  He is old enough for the inappropriate jokes now and anything that lifts my son’s spirits while he is recovering from ADEM is worth it. 

Thank You Baxter Black!

No comments:

Post a Comment