Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Owies


  We have Juanita Deer and Blackwell.   They spend days in the pasture with our Lowland Angus and nights in the enclosure we put together.  We had the sheep 2 days and they were avoiding us moving them to the enclosure.  Blackwell decided to dive under our cow for safety. 


  Now this might be a good plan with a full sized cow but our cow is only 36 inches tall at the tallest and only about 14 inches between her belly and the ground.  Not enough room for a sheep to dive under.  Sheep freaking out diving under/into our cows belly and cow freaking out at this creature slamming into her – some how the silly sheep ended up with a cut leg.  We though t it would heal on its own and didn’t do anything the first couple days.  

Then it started swelling so every night and morning I have been soaking it trying to get the worst of the stickers, hay, mud, and poop off of it then I spray it with an antibiotic spray that the feed store told me worked wonders.  Sounds easy right?  Well let me tell you a 70 lb sheep can really buck you.  Last night I looked up to tell the youngest children to calm down while trying to hold the foot in the bucket and boy did she know it and up Blackwell leapt and flipped both of us over I didn’t want to land on her so tried to spin onto my side and ended up landing on my hip and wrist.  Tonight I was much more careful so according to my lovely husband, daughter, and two of her friends it looked like Blackwell and I were dancing.  I asked why they didn’t come help me and they said I looked like I was having too much fun.  
FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment