Friday, July 18, 2014

Shearing Attempt

We started sheering the sheep for the long hair sheep to just not be so yucky and the show sheep to get ready for fair.  
Dot's baby isn't happy, "My mom is being messed with, aren't you the dog that protects her?"
We had been busy and my back was killing me so we started with the smallest gentelist sheep.  All went well with Dot then we started on Blackwell.
Resting my back while Teen Son tries to fix the shearer.
Wouldn’t you know ½ way through trimming Blackwell the Shearer’s blades quit working.  We borrowed the school’s sheers and bought a used pair to finish the sheep for the fair.  We have not finished Blackwell or the rest of the sheep but it is on the short list, hopefully tomorrow (I said that 2 days ago and the day before that).  Poor Blackwell looks really funny, a man came on the property  to check our power lines joked he was going to report me to Animal Control for allowing her self esteem to be hurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment