Sunday, January 13, 2013

Just Another Week




It’s never dull here.  Darling Husband was building a fire this morning so I thought I would walk Dakota and feed the cattle at the same time.  This is what greeted me when I got to the cattle.  
I ran to the house, put Dakota in, asked a kid for my camera, then asked Darling Husband to come help me.  He had no idea what he was coming out too- he hadn’t moved from the fire. 
We moved the sheep again today.  They are along the top of the property.  We moved them on Sunday and I realized right away they were not going to last long eating the area we had them in so they have been getting a lot of hay lately.   Teen Son and I had planned on moving the sheep when he got home today.  A neighbor called today to see if his grandkids could come over and give them some grass.  I was embarrassed that they were in such a stripped out area, but I knew the sheep would be happy so had them come over.
Teen Son came home with several other FFA (Future Farmer of America) boys.  So I had 4 teen boys helping move the fencing, nice!  Stick Boy watched the sheep while we moved the fencing.  Then we all herded the sheep into their new area. 

 I read a lot of blogs and enjoy “Life on a Kansas Cattle Ranch”.  Earlier this week she posted a recipe:   http://kansascattleranch.blogspot.com/2013/01/meaty-monday-best-bbq-meatballs-ever.html, we tried it tonight and it was wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment