Friday, September 14, 2012

The Neighborhood


Our fence wire is still lost.  Kencove is having most of it air-freighted to us.  We are going to buy hay for the next week.  Next weekend wasn't planned on being devoted to the fence like this one was but... plans change.  I thought I would share a story that happened here a while back. 

We have a crazy ex neighbor lady.  She claims to be the “mom” of my neighbor’s mustang.  She regularly gets kicked off of his property for leaving water on or letting the squirrels out that the neighbor has trapped.  So when she is kicked off of his property she parks her car across the street and hides under a tree feeding the Mustang treats.  She will also give our animals treats (apples, carrots, plums – cut up of course), until we got the Dexters.  If she doesn’t think we are keeping the horse or cow water trough clean enough she will dump it out and scrub it and refill it for us.  She is very angry with us because we eat our cute cows with their adorable eyelashes.  I think she is mostly harmless but there is a nagging thought that she might report us to animal control whenever she doesn’t like something, I have had words with her a time or two too, but it is nice when you think you have to clean out the darn water and come home and it’s nice and shiny clean
Hubs and Teen Son were taking care of drilling fence holes.  Stick boy, Preteen, and I go down to take care of the sheep.  We hear yelling, can’t figure out what the guy is saying but definite yelling going on at the tree that Ex-Neighbor hides under.  Then I see a guy trying to get on a horse and falling off.  I think ok this guy has lost it with his horse and we get back to take care of moving the sheep.  Stick Boy tells me “that guy is really mad” yes well, he still isn’t on his horse either.  The guys at the top of the hill hear the yelling and assume it’s me so DH sends Teen down to see what is going on and to take care of getting hay to the Cattle. We get the sheep in their night enclosure. The yelling continues and now I see Crazy Ex Neighbor and she is following the guy who is yelling and can’t get on his horse.  Poor Horse.  I send the youngest 2 up to their dad and go to see what is going on. 
Ex Neighbor is walking towards me with the horse.  She tells me this guy is riding his horse so drunk he can’t get on the horse then he sees her he starts yelling at her.  So she says he shouldn’t be driving drunk and the poor horse should be taken away from him.  That was when he was about ¼ mile away from the road and the real swearing started.  So he rides, falls, walks to the road and keeps falling ending up near his driveway.  She called 911 and a few other of our neighbors.  When he is lying in the street she takes his horse away from him and comes to me.  We put the horse in a coral at a neighbors house (remember my fencing sucks) and the sheriff and an ambulance go down the street and stop at the man.  I don’t want to do anything to the horse until we know what we have permission from law enforcement to do. She wants us to”Hide his horse from him forever so he can’t get his disgusting little hands on any animal again”.  DH and I go to talk to the sheriff.  Ex Neighbor was trying to get him to press animal cruelty charges.  That is an animal control issue apparently.  We ask the sheriff what to do with the horse.  “Not a clue. Can you leave the area?” Not until we know what to do with the horse.  I don’t want to be accused of stealing the horse or have some drunk come hunt us down to get it.    Apparently DWI Horse is not common. 
We end up standing around with a group of neighbors.  I see people I have not seen since I was in middle school.  We also meet new neighbors.  Anyway we finally get the sheriff’s permission to give the horse to one of the man’s neighbors to take care of.  We go home and wonderful Teen Boy has fed and put his younger siblings to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment