Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fencing



The fencing on our property is a mess. 


 
The Husband calls it Taco Fencing because it is curled in at the top and bottom.
 
I wonder why he can't find his glasses.  hmmm
What we have is a patchwork that is older than I am in many places.  Darling Husband and I decided we should do High Strength Tensile Wire with 2 or 3 wires charged.  We thought buying the wire and parts would be easy.  We decided to use telephone poles as our upright fence posts because we have several.  We start digging the holes using an auger on the back of our tractor and the forklift to push down the auger because the tractor doesn't have much downward pressure.  
I am not good with either the forklift and had never even sat on the tractor before.  DH (you decide what the D stands for) got rather frustrated with my lack of driving the tractor ability then I didn’t respond fast enough with the forklift.  He decided Teen Son would be a MUCH better helper than I am.  Have I mentioned I love Teen Son?  We went to cut the poles but our telephone poles have been lying in the dirt too long or are just too old so they are mostly hollow and rotten.  Now we have to find telephone poles.  We spend time looking on Craigslist and calling friends.  Fortunately we have friends with some on their property and we don’t need to buy them for the first part we are fencing in anyway.  Thank YOU, THANK YOU!
Friends stopped by and ended up helping us unload the trailer.
We go to the local hardware store and discover they don’t carry the wire or hardware we need for the fence.  We start the search for high tinsel wire and finally decide to purchase off of the internet.  We are paying a small fortune in shipping but it still ends up costing less than what we could find locally.  We order our fence charger from 1 company and the wire and parts from another.  We get a call from the wire company with a tracking number and I think yay it is on its way and think I do not need to do any more. 
10 days pass.  We finish installing the posts. 
A thunder storm struck as the guys were working.  They are pretty rare here so we sat outside and enjoyed it.

 I call the freight company and get told they will call me back to schedule a delivery I should have called to schedule it already.  No call back.  I called this morning and after some research I get told it was sent to another freight company.  I call that freight company a little more research. Then they call the first freight company.  No they don’t have it.  Now I have two freight companies looking for my wire and the rest of the fence stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment