Thursday, August 16, 2012

Solar Charger


 We have been messing with the solar charger and trying to figure out why it works part time then seems to stop for no reason.  I emailed the company we ordered it from on Sunday morning and to my surprise by Sunday afternoon I had a response.  Not one that worked but still a response.  Monday and Tuesday we go back and forth between email and phone calls and on Wednesday I actually talk to the person who can help me the most.  It turns out, I live in an area that is too sunny for my solar charger.  It is overheating and shutting itself off.  The solution it seems it to cover part of the solar panels.  It sounds crazy to me but we have a piece of cardboard covering ½ of the solar panels and it has worked for days without any problems.  I am very impressed with the company and their quick response both in email and on the phone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment