Friday, August 24, 2012

Island


This morning I want to move the electric fence area.  So I have the incredibly bright idea and decide to put the sheep on the island in the middle of our pond.  I had a plan and didn’t tell my wonderful husband or kids what I was doing I was just going to do it.  That is probably my first mistake.  I go to the sheep enclosure and get my buddy Blackwell, put the halter on her and walk with her to the bridge (a long rickety section of metal scaffolding) and realize Blackwell is not going to cross the bridge on her own feet and she is too heavy for me to carry. 

 I tie her to the end of the bridge and go get my next sheep.  I put the halter on Dot and carry Marshmallow under my arm.  I don’t have enough hands to close the gate on the enclosure so I just push it closed with my foot.  Guess who caught up with me as I reached the bridge? Yes, the sheep that were supposed to stay in the enclosure.  My Wonderful Husband steps outside about this time and yells to me to see if I need help.  Thank You God!  While he comes down the hill, I carry Marshmallow across the bridge, then Dot.  Supportive Husband is standing next to Blackwell asking me what my plan is now.  

I said for you to carry Blackwell across the bridge – for some reason he didn’t think this was the best idea I ever had but he did it anyway.  Then we still have two sheep we need to catch, Maxwell we catch pretty easily and get her onto the island but Deer is still wandering around the pond wishing he was with his friends who are eating happily on the island.  She will not let us catch her.  



The sheep on the island are so happy that they stop answering Deer's bleats for company.  Deer ends up spending the day with our cow who can not escape her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment