Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Maxwell




Maxwell is a different lamb.  She is the most stubborn lamb ever!  She is one of our two Shetland Sheep.  Every time she has had lambs in the past Darling Husband threatens to get rid of her.  She likes to hide and do things her own way.  

Our HelpXer's put the sheep away for us and did all the other animals chores one night 
and we didn't get home until after dark.  
Oakley kept running around barking, 
Coyotes were howling unusually close to the house.  


Darling Husband and I looked outside with the flashlight but didn't see anything.  
We MAY have grumbled about a crazy dog barking her fool head off all night 
and threatened to find her a new home.  

Our morning routine has us letting the house dog out,
Oakley usually plays with him while we walk down to let Luca off the cable by the sheep. 
 This morning Oakley didn't join us.  
I was worried where had she run off to but it's a busy morning.
 When Luca was off the cable he kept herding Dakota back to me.  

Then I noticed:
Max was missing!


So I went in search and look what I found!  
Maxwell had 2 rams.


This time Max's lambs are just as independent as she is.
They ran right into my lap so I could check them out.


These guys are very curious and wanted to run and play with the bigger funner lambs so it has been easy to put all the sheep into the night pen.   


It looks like I will get to keep Maxwell a little longer!  

For those of you keeping track:
11 boys and only 2 girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment