Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thankful Day


Friday was a beautiful day!  Finally the weather turned warm. The youngest 3 and I cleaned the house.  A friend gave me a wonderful product to clean windows called “Gleen” It worked beautifully.. I defrosted and started cooking some pork ribs.  Darling Husband came home early and we had some nice relaxing family time.  We moved the cattle into another pasture. 

When it was time to do the evening feeding everything was as relaxed and enjoyable.  We locked our dog in his crate.  I went up and turned on the water for the fodder, got 2 trays of fodder for the cattle, stopped by my daughters chickens and gave them a small chunk of fodder, and headed down to put the sheep away and feed the cattle.  Stick Boy and Pre Teen Daughter were running around playing.  Teen Son walked his FFA Sheep and was talking with a friend.  Darling Husband and I scratched the cattle as they munched on their fodder.  Then we walked up the hill.  I went to turn off the water at the fodder. 
Darling Husband called me before I got very far up the hill.  I ran down the hill as fast as my Shit Boots will allow me to run and saw smoke coming out of the door.  One of the batteries we have in a bin in the pantry must have shorted out and started a fire.  Thank God Darling Husband walked in when he did and we have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. 

We went to bed incredibly grateful we have a house. 


It turns out one of our 9 bolt batteries had shorted out on a flat round battery like the CR2032 batteries and got hot enough to start a fire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment