Sunday, February 10, 2013

Frisky Sheep



Most days I think I deal with my youngest daughter’s mental illness pretty well.  Most days I try to deal with her issues with love and humor.  I think she goes to bed feeling loved most of the time and that is huge progress, but we have had a rough couple weeks.  This morning I lost my lovin feeling and my humor and joined my daughter in being spitting mad. 
This afternoon everything was fine.  Pre-teen daughter likes to take care of the sheep by herself in the afternoon.  Normally they walk into their night enclosure without any problems BUT this weekend we moved the sheep.  They are in nice grass and weeds with big rocks that the sheep can jump on.  They are in sheep heaven!  They have not been eating the hay and fodder we give them.  Today the sheep seemed to tease Pre-teen Daughter and she started screaming at them.  Screaming at animals doesn't work.  The sheep thought it was another reason to run around and jump off rocks. 

Pre-teen Daughter screamed at her brothers to help and they asked her to ask nicely, that didn't help at all!  After watching his sister get more and more frustrated Stick Boy tried to go help her, but she kept screaming so he started waving sticks and jumping up and down.  This doesn't exactly get the sheep to go where you want them or calm down your screaming sister. 
My husband called me because I was at the top of the property and didn't hear the commotion.  We got Pre-Teen daughter to stop screaming and walk away, stopped stick boy from scaring the sheep, then Darling Husband and I cornered Blackwell (our biggest and sweetest sheep) I got the halter on her and walked her into the night enclosure the rest of the sheep followed like, well, sheep. 

We went back into the house and it took me over an hour to calm down Pre-teen Daughter.  I think I got her into bed feeling loved but I am exhausted.
This is how we move the sheep's night time enclosure from one area into another.  I asked to have it on wheels but Darling Husband thinks this is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment