Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Marriage


I am married to a super capable guy.  The problem with being married to such a capable guy is when he can’t do something I get upset or when it takes him days to do something that I think can be slapped together I get frustrated.  I also am a make due or jury rig type of person and Darling Husband is a do it right person.  This also leads to disagreements but, often I make due while Darling Husband does what is his priority the right way. 
The ceiling of my laundry room fell down several years ago and I know when we get around to it DH will fix it right, every time DH walks into the Laundry Room he says to me “How can you stand working in here?  I need to fix this.”  We have other priorities but it has been on the top 100 of our priority list for about 4 years….Except we have company coming and they will sleep in the laundry room so it is moving up on the priority list to number 4 or 5. 
The sheep going into the Sheep Mahal.  
Munching on hay.

Sheep Mahal is another example of how Darling Husband and I do things differently.  I would have probably used zip ties or bailing wire to put together the new coyote proof sheep enclosure and then had to do repairs on it as the weeks, months, and years go by.  Darling Husband spent a whole weekend designing, welding, screwing, hammering, and a whole bunch else I am sure.  He brought it home and, well, I didn’t look as impressed as I should have.  I mean the man did the impossible job of building a bridge in a weekend and the sheep enclosure took longer?  It is done right, no coyotes or even bears (if they ever come here) will get into it! The sheep are safe and we may never have to repair it so Darling Husband’s way is right – please don’t tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment