Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Anniversary and a Waterfall


My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary the day after the election.  It was a rough morning, I had trouble getting up.  My youngest 2 wanted me to pay for not seeing them at all the day before.  Stick Boy wanted to snuggle in bed and gave me a lot of attitude about getting up.  Pre-Teen was mad, just mad but didn’t want to talk about it.  I had bought hay the day before the election but D-something Husband said he would do it later.  So there I am ready to feed the cattle and what do I discover when I pull back the tarp? NO HAY! 
Stick Boy and I move DH’s truck to the spot we keep the hay in and my 50 pound son starts helping me move and lift hay bales that are as heavy as he is.  Pre-Teen Daughter decided we were not doing things the way we should so she yelled a few choice words at us and ran away from us.  Stick Boy and I stacked 3 bales of hay, moved the sheep to their daytime area, and finished getting ready for school, and Daughter comes back I hand her a bagel and we leave. 
My gift to Darling Husband was to call him and let him know how helpful Stick Boy was and not to scream about not unloading the hay for me.


Darling Husband and I have been having a dispute.  9 years ago, when we moved here one of the first fun improvements we did was to put a waterfall where we pump water into the pond.  It was wonderful having the waterfall sound going into the pond when we are filling it.  Over the years the rocks and pipes making the waterfall have sunk.  Darling Husband wants the water in the pond higher than the pipes going into the pond.  If we are paying to pump the water into the pond I want to be able to hear it falling into the pond.  Also it helps aerate the water if it gathers oxygen as it falls into the pond – so clearly I am right! 
Darling Wonderful Husband decided to redo the waterfall so it sounds wonderful as we fill the pond.  We still are arguing about how high the pond should be, now, I want the kids to be able to paddle under the bridge without lying down in the boat but that new dispute will be settled at a later date.  
The new pipe water will flow through.
Setting rocks so we do not see the ugly pipe.
Now that's my beautiful waterfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment